Saturday, May 19, 2012

The End of the Beginning!!

Some time has passed since my last post.  Nothing really to report until the bureacratic machine stopped spinning and spat out the inevitable result.  Just a shame it took so long and cost so much to accomplish what looked so much like a slam-dunk when all this began 3 years ago.

There will be time for a rehash of the maddening history of this project at some point soon.I especially regret the personal cost to the family of Alan Montgomery, who didn't survive the voyage and I believe worked himself to death in the effort.  Well done AL, you can rest in peace now!

However, we have a lot of work to do and I'll be off to Halifax on Monday as Elgin Military Museum's official representative for the submarine's departure from the Navy's control.  Please follow my blog I'll do my best to post pictures, video and information as events transpire

Thanks for all your interesting past  reporting John (whoever you are) too bad you didn't have clue about any of this,  I'll take over from here


No comments:

Post a Comment